Friday, March 27, 2009

Flowers



My sister gave me an Amaryllis bulb back in February or was it January. I planted it and waited and waited for something to happen. Finally the stalk started to emerge from the soil. I waited patiently and the flower head had four blooms to open. Well they opened the week we went to Arkansas for the Relay for Life Auction. I got a bonus on that plant, it had a second stalk and I got to enjoy it's bloom after returning home from Arkansas. Included is a picture of the avocado plant I started from a seed. I have two more seed in water but so far they've not sprouted. Not sure how avocado's will grow in Ohio but it makes a pretty plant. Also, the hellebore's (Christmas Rose) have bloomed. These are the first of the garden plants to come to life. When they are blanketed in snow they are putting out the new leaves and getting ready for spring to arrive to put on a glorious show of bloom.

No comments: