Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Outer Banks Day 8

Day 8, Saturday April 17, 2010

We are finally home. We decided to take a different route home. We headed west on I-64 to Winston Salem, North Carolina. We then headed north on I-52 to I-74 and then to I-77. We took I-77 through Virginia into West Virginia. We picked up I-64 near Beckley, West Virginia. We passed Charleston, West Virginia and picked up I-35. We did not stay on the interstate. We traveled local roads that paralleled the interstate as much as possible. The drive was beautiful, but long and we did not get home until around midnight.

We did have one interesting stop. We stopped for gas and to use the bathroom. Linda when in to the store while I gassed up. While putting gas in the car, an ambulance parked in front of the store. I went in to go to the bathroom and was told the front was blocked to remove a patient. I had to go to the truck stop. As we were leaving, we were told that a lady had slipped on the bathroom floor and had hit her head on the sink. She was strapped to a stretcher and was being loaded on the ambulance as we were leaving.

I guess we will sign off for this trip and get to planning our next adventure.

No comments: